LCRC is a Vermont 501 (c) (4) nonprofit organization. The purposes of the Lake Champlain Retriever Club are:
- to stimulate an interest in, and encourage the use of trained retrievers for hunting as a wildfowl conservation tool;
- to stimulate interest and encourage the members to perfect, by selective breeding, retrievers most suitable for such work;
- to promote the training of retrievers;
- to evaluate field performance of retrievers in field trials, hunting tests, and field tests licensed by and conducted under the rules, regulations, and procedures of the American Kennel Club (AKC) and the North American Hunting Retriever Association (NAHRA).
Our members are currently from Vermont, New York, Quebec, New Hampshire, Maryland, Virginia and Florida. In Vermont, we offer members an opportunity to connect and collaborate with other retriever enthusiasts.
The club is best understood as a co-op effort: time spent helping each other results in real appreciation, reciprocal offers, well-run events and great days afield in some very special places.
OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, REPS & DELEGATES
- Jennifer Adsit, President – Charlotte VT – 802.922.7260
- Bruce Butler, Vice President – Swanton VT – 802.578.7097
- David Butler, Corresponding Secretary – Johnson VT – 802.635.7692
- Andy Leinoff, Treasurer – Cabot VT and Whigham GA (winter) – 802.793.0557
- Ken Bora, Director – Burlington VT – 802.863.1576
- Becca Rieck, Director – S. Burlington VT
- Vicki Butler, Director – Swanton VT – 802.238.2526
- Jim Cushing, Director – Sheldon VT – 802.524.3618
- Steve Scherer, Director – Waitsfield VT – 802.496.5272
- Wendy Jones, AKC Delegate – Cabot VT (summer) – 802.793.7362
- Vicki Butler, NAHRA Club Representative – (as above)
- Andy Leinoff, MARC, MNRC Delegate – (as above)
For more information about the Lake Champlain Retriever Club or to find out how to join, contact our Club President as above.