Are you looking for a new working retriever/best friend? The Lake Champlain Retriever Club does not offer a referral service, but below are some links to make it easier for you to find a reputable breeder. Please note that the inclusion of these links does not imply club endorsement of any particular breeder or breed.
- The Labrador Retriever Club breeder referral
- The Golden Retriever Club of America puppy referral
- The American Chesapeake Club breeder list
- The American Kennel Club breeder referral
Below are links to information to use to ensure that you are choosing a reputable breeder and that the breed is right for you.
- AKC – How to pick a puppy
- GRCA – Choosing a reputable breeder
- LRC – Selecting a puppy
- LRC – Statement regarding Silver Labradors
One of the stated purposes of the LCRC is “to stimulate interest and encourage the members to perfect, by selective breeding, retrievers most suitable for such work.” To that end,
“LCRC members who breed dogs are encouraged to produce dogs that maintain the purpose of breed as a working gundog and abide by their parent club’s written and illustrated standards for correct type, structure, soundness, temperament, natural ability, trainability and color.”